Houses And Apartments For Sale And Rent in Pardes Hanna – Karkur
This is a local council that was created in 1969 from merging the two councils of Pardes Hanna (founded in 1929) and Karkur (founded in 1913).
The name Karkur was created by the local Arabs who were probably employed by an Armenian man named Greror or Gregory.
In 1912 the Zionist Histadrut purchased 11,000 dunam in one of the larges purchase operations that were financed by two main sources: Yehuda Shlezinger from Siberia and “the new London Estate” – a group of 100 Zionist Jews from England. In September 1913 additional 4000 dunams were purchased. This was fund by a loan from PIKA (Palestine Jewish Colonization Association).
The main development of the settlement took place between 1920 and 1930, locating and developing water sources, planting orange orchards and more.
Named after Hanna Primrose, Countess of Rosebery of the Rothschild family, one of the four Hannas in the entire Rotschild family, that was the richest woman in Britain at the time.
Pardes Hanna was the first settlement that was planned, and that its land was purchased for that purpose. The purchase and the plan were made by PIKA. The idea was to locate a land that would be part of an existing settlements strip – specifically – Hadera, Karkur and Zichron Yaacov. The main planned income was citrus orchards.
The cornerstone was set on August 1928, and in March 1929 the first 15 families came to live in it. The union idea was suggested in 1962 by the Ministry of Interior that tried to reduce the number of local councils in Israel but the people of Karkur were vigorously against it.
In 1969, the two settlements were merged into one settlement named Pardes Hanna – Karkur.
Today it has a population of 44,882.
Along with the old families of the town, in the last couple of years the population grew with over 20,000 residents from a medium-high economic status and the town attracts celebrities and famous entertainers.
The town has 9 elementary schools: Alonim, Sharet, Rabin, Maayanot, Merchavim, Sadot, Morasha. Also, Shvilim and Mamlachti Karkur that have high schools as well. In addition, the agricultural high school that used to be one of the leading schools in initiation and development of agricultural crops.