Barel is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
Our website was designed and programmed by the accessibility guidelines according to the Law on Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities and the recommendations of the Israeli Standard (TI 5568) at level AA.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Barel website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Compliance with standards:
- This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML 5. Writing proper code ensures proper work of assistive technologies used by people with disabilities (such as screen readers for use by the blind).
- The site was designed in contrasting colors that allow optimal use for the visually impaired and color blind.
- The content on the site is semantic. Contains headings, information tables, lists, paragraphs, standard links, form controls and image descriptions if they are meaningful.
- The site has content areas in frames displayed from other sites. These areas are defined using title. Their accessibility, however, depends on the hosting site. For example – Facebook in the side area of the content pages.
- The forms on the website are accessible to screen readers and keyboard users.
You can change the size of the texts on the site by using the CTRL + keyboard or by using the menu.
Enlarging the text by 200% will display the site as it is displayed on mobile devices – this is for an optimal display of the content.
The minimum recommended resolution for viewing the site is 980 pixels wide. Note that even at a resolution lower than this, the site can be viewed.
The site is optimized for viewing on mobile devices (responsive).
The fonts on the site are sans serifs – that is, they do not contain edges that interfere with the reading sequence.
If you want to make other changes to the size of the texts and colors on the site, you can do so using the browser. Please follow the instructions for changing colors and fonts in the browser. These changes will affect all the sites you view using your browser. Some sites may not respond to changes because they are not accessible.
How to activate the site using a keyboard
Repeatedly pressing the Tab key will move you between the various links on the page. Pressing Enter will activate the link. Please note, pressing Tab will take you to the next link and pressing Shift + Tab will return you to the previous link.
In addition, the site allows the use of shortcut keys that allow you to quickly reach important pages or areas of the site.
The activation of the shortcut keys depends on the browser you are using:
In Internet Explorer, Chrome and older versions of Firefox: press the Alt key and the number or letter key according to the list. For example, if you want to go to the home page, press Alt+1.
In Firefox 3 and above: press the keys Alt + Shift + the number or letter according to the list. For example, press Alt+shift+1 to get to the home page.
How to browse the site using a screen reader:
This information is intended for blind or visually impaired users who use screen reader software. Landmarks are specified on the site to mark main content areas on the site, and ARIA is used to help with complex applications such as an information carousel on main pages, a drop-down menu, a modal for displaying images, a content accordion and tabs.
The structure of all pages on the site is the same and includes the following units:
- Links to keyboard shortcuts
- First top menu – information about the site
- Domain name search
- Main menu – contains main links to lobby pages and main topics
- Page title and subheading
- Page content
- Supplementary content area on some of the pages
All menus are built using lists to enable easy navigation.
All the areas on the website pages are defined using titles and Landmarks as mentioned.
- In some of the videos we have added subtitles, but not in all. We are working to add subtitles to the audio content on the site.
- The videos are presented in HTML5 format to facilitate the use of the keyboard.
Accessibility adjustments at Barel Properties offices
Access to the Barel Properties offices in Zichron Ya’akov is accessible via a ramp/path leading to the building’s entrance.
Accessibility contact details
- You can contact us through the contact form at this link.
- Name of website accessibility manager: Yossi Wiesel. 04-6399954
- Our offices are on Zichron Yaacov, 16 HaMeyasdim st. Offices are accessible.
**The accessibility statement was updated on 9/7/2022